Client: Bristol-Myers Squibb | Hopewell Township, NJ
The vision of the Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) leadership was for the Regional Security Monitoring Center (RSMC) to become more efficient and responsive in an ever-changing security environment. They wanted to do this by ensuring systems, procedures, and staff is aligned in a way that facilitates expeditious and accurate workflow responses to alarms and calls for service. Leadership sought a roadmap to improve both technology and operations with the overarching goal of improving the RSMC to be supportive of the overall mission of Bristol-Myers Squibb.
BMS contracted with IXP to provide a comprehensive assessment of their current technologies and workflow processes within the RSMC. Our main objective was to provide recommendations that would make the RSMC more efficient in carrying out its mission of protecting key critical assets within the Bristol-Myers Squibb global enterprise and accommodating planned growth. The IXP Scope of Work included:
- Formulating an understanding of the existing technologies and developing recommendations for technology enhancements or deployments of new technologies
- Providing an independent third-party review of the RSMC operations that focuses on ways to improve efficient workflow, staffing, duty assignments, and training
- A review of how technology and reporting structures supported and enforced organizational policy
- A review of RSMC-specific roles and duties along with the appropriateness of having them included in the RSMC portfolio of services
- Recommendations for tracking and reporting on incidents within the RSMC
- Recommendation for maintaining access control management duties within the RSMC
- A presentation of all priority recommendations and associated costs.
IXP provided an assessment, findings, and recommendations report that allowed Bristol-Myers Squibb leadership to formulate a new foundational understanding of the current state of the Regional Security Monitoring Center technologies and operations. It also resulted in providing many tailored recommendations designed to facilitate discussions for the next steps. The key recommendations are directly aligned with leadership’s vision for improved Regional Security Monitoring Center capabilities that more efficiently support the overall mission of Bristol-Myers Squibb and continue in its position as a leading global BioPharma company. IXP continues to be BMS’s trusted advisor and is currently leading its Incident Management System project.