The Sr. Systems Administrator is responsible for the management and support of IT infrastructure at IXP's corporate office and client locations. This position works under the direction of the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) and works closely with IT personnel onsite at 9-1-1 Communications Centers. The Sr. Systems Administrator will support Microsoft servers and solutions, Linux servers, Cisco networks, SAN storage, Video analytics, RDBMS database servers and applications, and other technology as assigned.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
- Dedication to providing high quality IT services to all internal and external customers.
- Ensure 99.999% uptime for systems and services in 9-1-1 and corporate environments through strict adherence to information technology policies and procedures.
- Work closely with IT management and onsite teams in the design, validation, and testing of solutions prior to implementation.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, development, upgrading, and support of IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, and software.
- Manage voice and data networks consisting of Cisco Call Manager phone system and Cisco routers, switches, and ASA firewalls.
- Participate in recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Work with decision-makers to define business and systems requirements and recommend new technology in accordance with corporate policies.
- Develop specifications and procure servers, workstations, laptops, network hardware and software solutions.
- Manage office 365 email, Dropbox and other software subscriptions and accounts.
- Configure and maintain Office 365 SharePoint site content, storage and permissions.
- Maintain and organize the server room.
- Archive and verify backups of user data and email archives of former employees.
- Carry a cell phone and be available 24 x 7, as needed, for support of critical infrastructure.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Negotiate service agreements and assist in administration.
- Maintain inventory and asset management data for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Maintain regular communication with the organization's executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems).
- Five years of related technical experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of networks (LAN/WAN) including hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Extensive experience in support of desktop and laptop hardware and operating systems.
- Extensive application support experience.
- Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work with minimal direction.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Willingness to master new skills as needed.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience with installation and configuration of Cisco routers and switches is a plus.
- Experience with RDBMS databases including SQL Server and Oracle is a plus.
- Experience with UNIX operating systems, RedHat Enterprise, IBM AIX is a plus.
- Experience with SAN storage including Dell, EMC and IBM is a plus.
- Sitting for extended periods of time while working at computer keyboards, monitoring a variety of IT systems, and updating documentation required for IT operations.
- Must be able to get up and sit down.
- Must have good vision, specifically to include up close, distance, color and peripheral; depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and manage IT racks and equipment.
- Must be able to hear and speak to exchange information with users.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work during 24/7 emergency situations such as major storms.
- Must be able to work with sensitive confidential information.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org