The Regional Director will be responsible for all IXP Managed Services operations in a geographic territory. The Regional Director will work both independently and as part of a team. They will be responsible for their own work effort, projects assigned and other duties and responsibilities as required by the company. This position reports directly to the President and COO.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Lead and manage project teams that require multiple IXP resources while serving as the main IXP point of contact with the client.
- Manage all company Managed Services projects from transition to on-going long-term operations.
- Be responsible for the financial metrics and goals of each project.
- Support the onsite operational managers with daily issues and coordinate with company HR, finance and administration and company senior leadership.
- Support sales and marketing efforts in regions for all segments of IXP’s services and solutions.
- Be a member of the IXP senior team during client contract negotiations.
Work with little direct supervision but keep the company senior management fully informed of business development and project delivery activities.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 10 years’ experience with emergency communications operations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Power Point, Word, Excel), etc.
- Ability to monitor and review work of others assigned to collaborative projects before it is included in deliverables.
- A high level of project management and leadership skills.
- Ability to develop written materials (proposals, internal project working papers, and client deliverables) that are well written and easily understandable by the intended audience.
- Ability to speak English clearly and conduct verbal presentations supported by written or presentation materials to explain segments of project activities that they have been responsible for.
- Ability to work independently, and keep all assigned tasks and projects on schedule and on budget.
- Possess a high level of subject matter expertise in operational or technical areas
- Ability to successfully perform and participate in business development activities.
- Highest degree of ethics and professional conduct.
- Ability to travel to regional client sites in Connecticut and Massachusetts required.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate personal computers.
- Sitting for periods of time while working at acomputer or while traveling
- Vision, specifically to include up close, distance, color and peripheral; depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information with clients and other personnel.
- Exposure to moderate noise.