The Proposal Coordinator is responsible for the overall proposal development and coordination process for unsolicited proposals and RFP responses. This position will lead our team in the creation of compliant, compelling business proposals that result in winning new business from our prospective customers. Additionally, the Proposal Coordinator will work with the sales team on client high level business challenges, coordinating inclusion of detailed solution and project plans, company references, success stories and pricing information. The Proposal Coordinator will break down and manage writing assignments, proposal due dates and specific required proposal terms and conditions. They will manage the draft and final deliverable into a professional formatted document suitable for delivery and submit the document as part of the company’s intellectual property. The Proposal Coordinator prepares for and conducts proposal kick-off and periodic proposal team meetings, leads the team through the proposal writing process, coordinates upper-management and corporate approvals, oversees the production of the proposal responses, and timely submission. They will make sure all proposal contributors adhere to the proposal development process and that the proposal document responds to all requirements requested.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Review and analyzes solicitations (RFPs, RFQs, etc.).
- Review all bid materials, including sample contracts, pricing and technical components with great attention to detail.
- Manage the proposal process and all proposal development activities for responses to a RFP/RFQ through BAFO.
- Manage all aspects of the proposal process within client-imposed or internal policy deadlines.
- Lead and participate in Team Reviews.
- Proofread and edit content (including technical) prepared by proposal team before review by senior management.
- Prepare, design, and produce proposal documents, manage timelines, collect and organize proposal content.
- Ensure a quality end-product is consistently produced.
- Maintain internal proposal tracking databases.
- Ensure the maintenance and periodic updates of sales databases to ensure a high quality of information and improve response time for opportunities and proposal responses.
- Prepare monthly proposal status reports.
- Continuously improve the production process for generating proposals.
- Help establish company best practices and standards
- Maintain common proposal content such as resumes, staff bios, project summaries and references.
- Other reasonably related duties than those listed above may be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with a large consulting or professional services firm or company.
4+ years of experience with the proposal preparation and submission process.
- Excellent written and oral communication and grammatical skills.
- Technical writing and editing ability.
- Evidence of a successful track record of winning proposals.
- Proven ability as a self-starter, detail oriented, and well organized.
- Ability to work well and effectively under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Ability to provide effective oversight and coordination of multiple proposals, and meet multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to influence without authority and work well with a variety of team structures and individuals.
- Schedule flexibility to meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel and work overtime as required, during critical phases of projects.
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly organized and motivated.
- Client focused; able to adopt client perspective.
- Skilled at researching information using internet and other research tools.
- Expertise in MS Word, Adobe and Nitro.
- Strong graphic design skills including design, layout and compilation of RFP responses with picture images.