The Project Coordinator supports the planning, implementation, execution, reporting, and close-out of each company project. He or she will monitor the development of all associated work products and work with the client leads to control the project schedule and costs. They are a key member of a small team of highly qualified specialists, from the public safety, emergency communications technology and security services fields. This individual will organize and perform as a Project Management Office (PMO) and is the core of all corporate project management activities. The Project Coordinator will work with the President and COO and other senior staff to promote best practices and consistency in the way IXP plans and manages projects while meeting the often-unique needs of each client.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
- Provide project management expertise to diverse project teams comprised of corporate staff from multiple divisions as well as subcontractors, consultants, and client personnel.
- Provide client-facing project management and support in order to maintain communication between client focused sales/delivery resources and corporate resources.
- Plan, monitor and control the scope, requirements, schedule, cost, quality, resources, communications, risk, procurement, and stakeholder engagement for all corporate projects.
- Build and maintain a project management information system to include: corporate methodology, project and deliverable records, and all related documentation.
- Contribute to corporate growth through efficient management and the development of follow-on work with existing clients.
- Assist the CFO and administrative staff in planning, reviewing and approving time and expenditures, (reviewing invoices, clarifying deliverable requirements, etc.).
- Lead the on-site delivery of company services and solutions utilizing technical and domain experts that are loaned to the project(s).
- Provide regular reports on each project and participate in regular project reviews with clients and other corporate staff.
- Manage and/or support pre-sales activities on behalf of the client managers. This includes proposal coordination using client facing information, estimating and gathering quotes, building a plan, resource estimation and proposal writing/review.
- Continuously learn about the company’s history, qualifications, and staff capabilities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- A college degree (associate’s or higher) in project management, business administration, or related field is required.
- A certification in project management is preferred; the successful candidate will be required to obtain a project management certification within 6 months of hiring.
- Must have two or more years of professional work experience in a project management position, public safety emergency communications experience is preferred.
- Must demonstrate an ability to successfully manage multiple, parallel projects.
- Exhibit a high level of strategic business management skills to improve corporate growth, company performance and profitability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Project, Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, etc.).
- Experience with the emergency communications services and/or public safety markets is preferred.
- Familiarly with Deltek Vision’s Resource Planning software is preferred.
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate standard office equipment, including computer keyboard.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision to read and ensure the accuracy of word processing and spreadsheet work product.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information personally and on the telephone.
- Work is performed in an office environment with frequent interruptions.