IXP Corporation provides consulting, technology, and managed services to municipal government and college/university clients across the United States. The Project Control Assistant is an important full-time member of IXP’s Accounting Team who reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). They are responsible for proactively monitoring expenditures against established budgets, analyzing each contract’s financial performance, projecting gross margins expected in future periods, and reporting project performance to all levels of management. The Project Control Assistant enters all budget information into the Deltek Vision accounting system and updates that information whenever changes are needed. They are the go-to resource for all questions regarding authorized spending and budget compliance.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
- Enter and maintain key contract, subcontract, client, and contact information, including invoicing milestones and other deliverables, in the accounting system.
- Enter and maintain all budget and related cost information in the accounting system.
- Work closely with the CFO and other management when budgets and proposals are being created to ensure all necessary labor and expenses are properly accounted for.
- Proactively monitor contract budgets to identify cost discrepancies and work with managers to revise or balance each budget as necessary.
- Review, process and track purchase order requests, employee expenses, vendor invoices, and credit card expenditures against budgeted funds.
- Attend project meetings and discuss work progress to ensure timelines are maintained.
- Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual budget performance reports.
- Track anticipated revenue and costs for each project and report on projected gross margins.
- Coordinate operations and project implementation upon execution of any new contract.
- Coordinate operations and project close-out at the end of each contract.
- Maintain an electronic file archive of important contract and cost information, deliverables, reports, and other business records.
- Fulfill other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field preferred.
- Two to three years of related business or accounting experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail required.
- Ability to influence without authority and work well with a variety of team structures and individuals required.
- Must be highly proficient in the use of the MS Excel application; including the ability to create and understand advanced formulas, nested formulas, pivot tables, data validation, conditional formatting, and a variety of graphs.
- Must be proficient in the use of other MS Office 365 applications (i.e. Word & Power Point)
- Prior experience with Deltek Vision or Deltek Vantagepoint software preferred.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Project software preferred.