The Project Accountant is an important member of the Finance & Accounting Team who reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). They are responsible for proactively monitoring expenditures against established budgets, analyzing each contract’s financial performance, and reporting that performance to all levels of management. The Project Accountant enters all budget information into the Deltek Vision accounting system and updates that information whenever changes are needed. They are the go-to resource for all questions regarding authorized spending and budget compliance.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
- Enter and maintain key contract, subcontract, client, and contact information, including invoicing milestones and other deliverables, in the accounting system.
- Enter and maintain all budget and related cost information in the accounting system.
- Work closely with the CFO and other executives and management when budgets are being created to ensure all necessary labor and expenses are properly accounted for.
- Proactively monitor contract budgets to identify cost discrepancies and work with managers to revise or balance each budget as necessary.
- Review, process and track employee expenses against budgeted funds.
- Review and track purchase order requests, vendor invoices, and credit card expenditures against on budgeted funds.
- Attend project meetings to stay updated on progress and ensure timelines are maintained.
- Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual budget performance reports.
- Coordinate operations and project implementation upon execution of any new contract.
- Coordinate operations and project close-out at the end of each contract.
- Maintain an electronic file archive of important contract and cost information, deliverables, reports, and other business records.
- Fulfill other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail required.
- Ability to influence without authority and work well with a variety of team structures and individuals required.
- Must be highly proficient in the use of the Microsoft Excel application, including the ability to create and understand advanced formulas, nested formulas, pivot tables and a variety of graphs; must also be able to use data validation, conditional formatting and import/link information from external sources.
- Must be proficient in the use of other Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting preferred.
- Two to three years of related business or accounting experience preferred.
- Prior experience with Deltek Vision software preferred.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Project software preferred.
Annual Salary: $50,000-$65,000
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org