This position will report directly to the Director of Operations and is responsible for
performing a variety of intermediate level administrative support functions to the Director of
Operations and the Chatcomm 911 Center. This responsible position requires initiative,
anticipatory planning, and prioritizing to ensure the delivery of superior performance in the
support of the Chatcomm management team and staff as appropriate. This position must
maintain the highest level of confidentiality on all information regarding personnel,
Chatcomm, and IXP.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
- Proficient word processing skills to develop and produce correspondence, report and other documents as assigned; obtains necessary signatures, copies and mails correspondence.
- Opens, sorts and distributes mail
- Receptionist responsibilities including: answering of incoming calls, greeting and directing
- visitors to the appropriate staff members.
- Schedules meetings, arranges room reservations and distributes notices.
- Coordinates office travel.
- Provides miscellaneous, routine information to the public, customer agencies and potential applicant’s.
- Performs varied clerical, statistical, data gathering and compilation.
- Public/Agency Records Requests.
- Designs and develops new forms as needed.
- Researches information on office supplies and equipment; orders officer supplies and maintains inventory control.
- Filing of confidential personnel and training documents.
- Reviews applications/resumes.
- Coordinates interviews, testing sessions, and new hire orientations.
- Organizes poster compliance bulletins.
- Time Recording Management.
- Performs other HR and administrative related duties as needed.
Education and Experience
- Demonstrated competence in MS Office Suite
- Ability to keyboard accurately at 50 words per minute NET
- Modern office methods, practices and procedures; including: the preparation of business correspondence and repots, data base management, filing and standard office equipment operation.
- Office supply ordering and maintaining inventory.
- Demonstrated competence in basic math skills.
- Organize and maintain accurate files and records.
- Devise and adapt work processes in response to changing organizational needs.
- Accurately perform data entry into data bases and spreadsheets.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Work efficiently and accurately with multiple priorities and frequent interruption.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Be reliable, dependable and report for work on a consistent and punctual basis.
- Preparing Purchase orders and circulating for approvals.
- Coding Vendor Invoices and obtaining approval for processing.
- Communicating regularly with IXP Corporation finance and administrative staff.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Coordinate multiple priorities and competing demands on time.
- Communicate effectively and professionally both orally and in writing.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with co-workers and personnel from customer agencies.
- Present ideas and recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
- Be reliable, dependable and report to work on a consistent basis.
- Successfully pass a medical and criminal background screening.
- Successfully complete the GCIC Security and Integrity Training.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- High School Diploma.
- Administrative or Secretarial experience in critical operations environment.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
- Third party typing certificate preferred.
- Light lifting, carrying and pushing objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate standard office equipment, including computer keyboard.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision to read and ensure the accuracy of word processing and spreadsheet work product.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information personally and on the telephone.
- Work is performed in an office environment with frequent interruptions.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org